[reportlab-users] [ANNOUNCE] Online LTO barcode labels generator

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Mon May 19 09:04:22 EDT 2008

Jerome Alet:

> The code in ReportLab currently features two new Flowables, which

> are built on the work done on barcodes by Ty Sarna : BaseLTOLabel,

> which defines the basic structure of such labels, and VerticalLTOLabel

> which adds some features like color scheme and boxed tape ID.

> They are available from reportlab.graphics.barcode.lto.

> Theses classes inherit from the Standard39 class but define special

> values for ratio and spacing as required by the LTO norm.

> In the coming week(s) I'll try to add support for more formats. The

> actual online code (not yet contributed to RL) allows user defined

> color scheme, but ideally the placement of the tape ID should be

> partically configurable as well, and this is what I'll try to do.

> Comments are welcome.

Hi Jérôme,

I'll provide a comment, although I'm more interested in matrix codes
nowadays.

What about these LTO codes makes it necessary to add flowables to
the RL code base? In other words, isn't it possible to distribute
them as an addition to RL, as a seperate distribution?

I'm just curious because given the current, rather unpredictable,
RL release policy I'm looking for motivation to contribute any code.

Regards,

Dinu