[reportlab-users] Platypus spacing issues

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Sun May 11 03:52:08 EDT 2008

2008/5/10 Dinu Gherman <gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de>:

> Hi,

> every once in a while I'm stumbling over little Platypus issues

> and wonder if there is a known solution to them? Here are two

> questions for today, illustrated with the following sample docu-

> ment (reusing a RL sample document):

> http://python.net/~gherman/tmp/TestPdfPage_test0.pdf (664 KB)

I think (have not checked though) that a flowable with spaceBefore will
have the spaceBefore ignored at the top of the frame, but a spacer object
by itself is real and does not disappear.

This is probably a bug and we should ignore spacers at top. It would also
tidy up some of our own projects, come to think of it. Anyone disagree?

One small nit - in your example, the client gave permission for us to use
their brand imagery in a specific context, an approved case study of theirs,
but not in THIS context. If we are going to use images to illustrate bugs
or teaching examples, let's not pick ones from big corporations in future.
Otherwise I get emails from legal departments asking me to remove things
from public mailman archives, which I can't do. Don't use their name in
this thread either!

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson