[reportlab-users] Incorporating Data Plots in Reports

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed Mar 26 12:52:22 EDT 2008

Rich Shepard:

> On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Kieran O'Neill wrote:

>> Would it not be possible to run the eps through ps2pdf, then

>> include the

>> .pdf in ReportLab?

> Kieran,

> Yes, but I think that still requires using pdftk to append the

> plots to

> the text report. I'd rather they be integrated at the appropriate

> places.

> This integration is necessary in the model run log so we might as

> well apply

> it to this report, too.

Rich,

if you can convert your EPS to SVG, you might have some luck
with a module I wrote a while back to include SVG into Report-
Lab documents, although I sort of don't really maintain it any-
more:

http://python.net/~gherman/svglib.html

Otherwise, on a Mac (at least running Leopard) you would simply
doubleclick an EPS file and resave it as a PDF in a dialog win-
dow.

You could then use ReportLab's commercial PageCatcher extension,
if this is an option for you. Other solutions will certainly be
popping up, too.

Regards,

Dinu