[reportlab-users] Is Palatino A ReportLab Standard Font?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Mar 26 04:01:30 EDT 2008

On 26/03/2008, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> Bradley,

> I saw that but was hoping that the full set of standard PS fonts were

> directly available.

> Thanks,

Sorry, no. This isn't actually up to us, it's up to Adobe. Any
postscript or PDF device is supposed to support the above fonts by
reference (so we just put the word "Helvetica" in the PDF file, and
Adobe Reader does the rest), and the PDF spec lists the ones above -
but no others. You'll have to find the font file and embed it (which
is only a line or two of code anyway).

--
Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect