[reportlab-users] Incorporating Data Plots in Reports

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 25 19:21:42 EDT 2008

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007, Robin Becker wrote:

> I think we can include most of the common image formats eg gif, png, bmp

> etc etc. The native image format for pdf is jpeg.

Robin,

I thought that .eps was a standard for PDF files. .eps is vector and .jpg
is raster (bit-mapped).

According to the PIL web site, it can only write .eps and .pdf; does this
mean that those graphics formats are not available to ReportLab? That would
be a shame! (And a major PITA, since I'm using PyX for the plotting now.)

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | Integrity Credibility
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Innovation