[reportlab-users] ReportLab / Python 3000

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Mar 11 23:24:13 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 11 March 2008, Andy Robinson wrote:

> I'm curious to know if anyone here has plans to move rapidly onto

> Python 3.0? It's now in alpha 2 and slated for release this summer,

> although not many other libraries are following suit.

The Zope community is very hesitant to switch to Python 3000, simply because
we would have to port a multitude of C files to the new API, nevermind all
the other Python code. I would really appreciate it, if reportlab would still
be developed for Python 2.x for a while.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter