[reportlab-users] ReportLab / Python 3000

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 11 17:07:24 EDT 2008

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Andy Robinson wrote:

> I'm curious to know if anyone here has plans to move rapidly onto Python

> 3.0? It's now in alpha 2 and slated for release this summer, although not

> many other libraries are following suit.

Not I. I'm using Python for a mission-critical application so I want to
remain well back from the bleeding edge. As a matter of fact, I discovered
that I cannot run my application on Python-2.5 (standard with
Slackware-12.0) because there's a still-to-be-resolved font issue with
matplotlib, of all things!

So, I am working with the matplotlib folks to identify and fix that afm
file so matplotlib works with python-2.5.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | Integrity Credibility
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Innovation