[reportlab-users] newbie question about PDF-generation from template

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Mon Jun 16 08:50:32 EDT 2008

Andreas Rudolph:

>> http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2008-May/

>> 006983.html

> At the moment I don't see a connection between your posting and my

> problem. Maybe my english is just too bad. ;)

It rather depends on your experience with ReportLab so far.
What you see in the sample is a document containing single
PDF pages extracted from an external document, implemented
with a PDF extraction "flowable". If you have that you can
also put a "PDF template", as you call it, on a whole page
as a "background".

>> You can either wait for the thing to be released and/or help

>> its development...

> What kind of help do you need?

> What's the actual stage of your project?

> Can I take a look at the source code somewhere, maybe Sourceforge?

> Is the project connected to ReportLab, or something independent?

It's not published yet, since it needs more testing and some
finetuning, but I'm looking for opportunities to push it fur-
ther. If you have any ideas for doing so feel free to email
me offlist.

Regards,

Dinu