[reportlab-users] newbie question about PDF-generation from template

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Sun Jun 15 09:33:42 EDT 2008

Andreas Rudolph:

>> Modifying an existing PDF document is not possible with ReportLab

>> out of the box. You need their commercial offering to do this.

> thanks for your quick reply. So I'll need to find a better solution.

> You know an alternative PDF-implementation?

I'm writing something that will do what you want. You can see
something quite similar posted in the following message here
a while ago (in the meantime I had to replace the embedded
PDF pages, because Andy didn't like them to be used for this
purpose):

http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2008-May/
006983.html

You can either wait for the thing to be released and/or help
its development...

Regards,

Dinu