[reportlab-users] [ANNOUNCE] New home and features for my PDF Punishment Generator

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Wed Jun 4 10:13:27 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 10:21:15AM +0200, Dinu Gherman wrote:

> Jerome Alet:

> >I'll be glad to add more paper formats, the existing one is used

> >in France, but I don't know what is used in other countries, so

> >if people can give me precise dimensions, colors etc... about the

> >paper format most used in your own country, please do (privately)

> when I saw your funny sample again I immediately wondered what

> standard there is in France for the punch wholes in different

> paper formats (if there is any at all)?

I didn't find anything specific about Franch unfortunately, believe
me I searched for this, and I've not yet verified it the holes'
positions match ISO 838 or 888 or not (sorry)

The punishment's code was written after taking measures with a ruler
on a real paper sheet. The lines format on such sheets seem to have
been "invented" by http://www.cahiers-oxford.com/LaMarque.asp but
nowhere was I able to find any specification. It is really the most
used format in French schools, although some related formats have
the lines spaced or colored differently. The other most used format
in France as far as page design is concerned, is with 5mm X 5mm
squares, usually with blue/violet lines in a single width, compared
to the two widths / two_or_three colors used in the punishment generator.

bye, and sorry for the late answer.

Jerome