[reportlab-users] problem with List printing with reportlab

Marco Bizzarri marco.bizzarri at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 07:49:19 EDT 2008

Hi, Gabriele, I'm not sure I understood your problem.

I think you've to explain your problem a little. You can obtain the
length of a list l using len(l), so you could not in that place what
is the length of the list.

I do not understand what the length of the list has to do with the
sorting of the list itself.

The output of you're seeing is the string representation of a list of strings.

You could do something like this:

to_be_sorted = self.AccLabelList[:]
to_be_sorted.sort()

start = 650
for label in to_be_sorted:
sheet.drawString(45, start, label)
start = start + 25

Is this useful for you?

Regards
Marco

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 1:11 PM, Gabriele Visconti
<gabriele.visconti at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,

> I have one list which is dynamically modified. The elements are continuously

> added and removed depending on variables state.

> How can I print this list on a canvas so that the list elements are listed

> one below the other.

> To explain me better.

> I now do something like this:

> sheet.drawString(45, 650, str(self.AccLabelList[:]))

> What I obtain on the pdf is this:

> [u'D Heating collar inclusive of installation and accessory', u'Ec Suction

> DN40/degasing DN10 automatic valves with installation(for LDPD - K with gas

> separator)']

> What I want to obtain on the pdf is this:

> D Heating collar inclusive of installation and accessory

> Ec Suction DN40/degasing DN10 automatic valves with installation(for LDPD -

> K with gas separator)

> The problem is that I can't sort the list elements and just place them on

> the canvas because each time I don't know how many elements are stored in

> the list.

> Is it something that can be obtained in someway?

> Thank you very much,

> Gab

Marco Bizzarri
http://iliveinpisa.blogspot.com/