[reportlab-users] Flowables

Brandon Rich brich at caseta.com
Tue Jan 15 15:18:20 EST 2008

Here is the code that I am currently using.

def createDoc( self, buffer):
# Generate the PDF
doc = SimpleDocTemplate( buffer, pagesize = letter, leftMargin = 0.5*inch, rightMargin = 0.5*inch, bottomMargin = 1.5*inch )
contents = [ Spacer( 1, 0.15*inch ) ]
Template (violation, searchList= [{'name' : 'Tim'}]).respond()
paragraphStyle = get_stylesheets()['Normal']
p = Paragraph( Template ,paragraphStyle,None)
contents.append( p )
contents.append( PageBreak())
contents.append( Spacer( 1, 0.15*inch ) )
doc.build( contents, onFirstPage=self.firstPage, onLaterPages=self.otherPages )
return (buffer)

And the error...

File "C:\workspace\pythonlibs\tests\document\pdfutil.py", line 91, in createDoc
Template (violation, searchList= [{'name' : 'Tim'}]).respond()
File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\cheetah-2.0-py2.5.egg\Cheetah\Template.py", line 1151, in __init__
raise TypeError(reason) TypeError: arg 'source' must be string or None