[reportlab-users] Flowables

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Jan 15 13:22:45 EST 2008

Brandon Rich wrote:

> I am trying to create a PDF that is currently being passed a paragraph

> flowable. While it is working currently, I have created a cheetah

> template that I want to use to replace the “text” argument in the

> flowable. Since I am trying to pass a string to the text argument, I

> am getting an error and cannot figure out another way to get around

> this.

> Any ideas?

It is always easier to diagnose these kinds of things if you include the
exact code you used, and the exact error you got. Otherwise, it could
be anything from a typographical error to a usage problem.

Template.respond() returns a normal string, and you should be able to
pass that directly to Paragraph to produce a flowable.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.