[reportlab-users] Backward textflow through minipages?

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Thu Feb 28 08:40:46 EST 2008

Am 28.02.2008 um 13:12 schrieb Robin Becker:

> I'm not sure I follow here Dinu, are you asking to have multiple

> frames simultaneously being written or do you want to go backwards

> in the story and annotate/decorate/add to frames which (at least

> conceptually) have already been written?

I want to write into an empty frame contained on a previous page.
Example: You have a two-column layout for double-sided pages. Now,
you want to fill content into the document like this:

# first double-sided page
1. page1.leftcol
2. page2.rightcol
3. page1.rightcol # "PreviousFrame"?
4. page2.leftcol

# second double-sided page
5. page3.leftcol
6. page4.rightcol
7. page3.rightcol # "PreviousFrame"?
8. page4.leftcol

So then you would cut the pages leaving minipages with only one
column each, which you can shuffle and bind appropriately. I think
this is the best explanation I can give without any drawing.

Dinu