[reportlab-users] Flowing onto second column

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Feb 14 17:31:28 EST 2008

Tim Roberts wrote:

> Robin Becker wrote:

>> Tim Roberts wrote:

>>> Sure. You just create multiple frames, one for each column, and add

>>> http://www.hoboes.com/Mimsy/?ART=558

>> interestingly this link crashes my firefox immediately. can you say

>> waht it does? Seems to be adobe linked ie acrobat starts and firefox

>> immediately exits.

> Are you saying that exact link crashes for you? I use Firefox (2.0.0.12

> on Windows) full time. That's how I found the page. Works fine for

> me. I have Acrobat 8 installed. I know there were some bugs with

> Firefox and Acrobat Reader 7, but I thought they had been worked out.

> It does have an <embed> tag for a PDF chunk; I don't remember seeing

> that used before.

I have 2.0.0.12 as well on an XP box. It crashes immediately after
starting up acrobat. I even used wget and pointed at it locally; still
bailed. I'm fairly sure I have Acrobat 7 installed.

I have just tried this at home (where I am now) and it also crashed my
firefox here; again win xp sp 2.