[reportlab-users] Flowing onto second column

Jim Steil jim at qlf.com
Thu Feb 14 10:08:19 EST 2008

Tim Roberts wrote:

> Jim Steil wrote:

>> Is there an easy way to get data to flow to a second column the way

>> you can get it to flow to multiple pages with Platypus?

> Sure. You just create multiple frames, one for each column, and add

> the collection of frames when you create the PageTemplate.

> Here's a web page that shows an example:

> http://www.hoboes.com/Mimsy/?ART=558

Ok, I'm trying to get my report working per the instructions at the link
above. However, I've changed it a bit because instead of having
paragraphs display in my columns, I have tables that I want to snake
around the columns. So, where this doc refers to paragraphs in the
'items' list, I'm appending tables. But, when I get to the
document.build(posts) statement, I get the following dump:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\PyWork\Motion\motion\utility\priceSheet.py", line 187, in
<module>
priceSheets(filename)
File "C:\PyWork\Motion\motion\utility\priceSheet.py", line 178, in
priceSheets
go(doc, c)
File "C:\PyWork\Motion\motion\utility\priceSheet.py", line 167, in go
doc.build(allData)
File
"c:\python25\lib\site-packages\reportlab\platypus\doctemplate.py", line
749, in build
tr.srcFile,
AttributeError: Field instance has no attribute 'srcFile'

I'm stumped as to where I should look for the problem. Can anyone give
me any clues?

-Jim