[reportlab-users] 2.3 release and improved code kwalitee

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Dec 12 13:05:32 EST 2008

Hi all,

Things have got a bit quieter - maybe the economic end of the world or
maybe just Christmas - and we hope to put out a version 2.3 before or
after New Year.

We will be trying to
- close down bugs
- register this one with the Cheese Shop.
- remove a few more obsolete bits of code and tools
- make all the docstrings restructured-text compatible (or at least
warning-free) and aim to put up a tree of dosctring output on the
site, to make it easier to understand the framework
- make the web site a bit clearer.

SVN-watchers may see a flurry of checkins over the next few days,
including a bunch of docstrings updates.

For anyone familiar with the concept of Code Kwalitee (google it), we
will be ticking boxes in a spurious and irreverent manner over the
coming days to increase our Cheesecake index as far as possible.

More on Monday...

--
Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect