[reportlab-users] Producing pages out of order - possible?

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Tue Apr 29 11:30:57 EDT 2008

Andy Robinson:

> I think beginForm, endForm and doForm (the canvas method) are

> quite accurately documented, but probably nobody has seen an example

> of a whole long document being done with them used to do

> 'page X of Y' or to lay out a long document.

I don't mean the forms stuff, I mean doctemplate.IndexingFlowable,
Flowable.isIndexing(), etc.

> Anyway, for our May release we will try to make sure there is at least

> one 'long document' example in there - perhaps we ought to revisit

> how we generate our own user guide ;-) We'll be starting some

> preparations for this next week.

There were countless questions on this list about how to do
"page X of Y", going back to January 2004 [1] and probybly
beyond that. So, now might be an excelent moment to explain
it in the userguide.

Regards,

Dinu

[1] http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2004-January/002537.html