[reportlab-users] Problems with unicode in labels of pie charts

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Fri Sep 28 07:27:39 EDT 2007

Very interesting!

In a UTF-8 encoded source code file I create the following list of
labels:

[u'ett', u'två', u'tré', '\xc3\xa5\xc3\xa4\xc3\xb6']

Where the first and last label prints as expected, but the middle two
won't. I guess the work around is to convert the labels to strings
and manually replace the non-ascii characters with their unicode
encoding, but that doesn't feel too good...

Mvh Sebastian