[reportlab-users] Composing Tables Without Platypus? -- SOLVED

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Oct 31 09:39:53 EDT 2007

Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Rich Shepard wrote:

>> I've re-read the Users Guide, API, textobject.py, and canvas.py without

>> seeing how to print tabular data with the fine positioning control

>> offered

>> by the canvas.

> Ah, never mind. The answer occurred to me last night and I will implement

> it today. Sometimes I find it necessary to step completely away from the

> problem for a while and let the answer come to me.

> Rich

for what it's worth, its really simple to just loop through lists of lists
dumping stuff onto the canvas with regular dx/dy. The problems all come when the
data is not regular and you need to start wrapping and/or splitting stuff and
then taking account of when to move to the next page in some irregular fashion.