[reportlab-users] Two Generic Questions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Oct 30 18:31:52 EDT 2007

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Tim Roberts wrote:

> Exactly right. Those represent the RIGHT way to do things. "import

> wx" brings in exactly one name into my global namespace. Until very

> recently, most wxPython applications started out

> from wx import *

> which brought in THOUSANDS of new names directly into my global namespace.

Tim,

Yup.

If I understand you, it's the fact that there is no comprehensive
reportlab namespace so we cannot do
import rl
(or something similar) and have everything available to us. Is this correct?

I'm trying to discover what I need to import to create tables and text
using the canvas directly, rather than a platypus story. It's slow going.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Accelerators(TM)