[reportlab-users] reportlab, pisa, and unicode

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Mon Oct 15 05:07:12 EDT 2007

hey Dirk,

Thanks for the quick reply.

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 10:44 +0200, Dirk Holtwick wrote:

> Hi Adam,

> thanks for the compliment ;-) If you send me an example I will figure

> out for you what the problem is.

I used just the characters from here:
http://www.kishtpc.com/tourist%20restaurant.farsi.htm

and pasted them into your field in the demo.

> By the way, I am currently working on a complete rewrite of PISA where I

> will support HTML5 and CSS. The goal is to support as much CSS selectors

> as possible. I hope that the new version will fit the hole between HTML

> and PDF so that web developers can get good PDF documents by using their

> HTML and CSS skills.

> New versions and more informations will be available on the PISA

> homepage: <http://pisa.spirito.de> New versions are likely to be

> published in late November 2007.

This is _very_ exciting news. I am going to use it for our manuals (we
write free manuals about free software using a wiki and gen pdf for
download and print on demand)

New versions in nov is excellento...it seems you had been working on
this for a long time? You were quite early to it. What was your
motivation? It seems like the recent swell in Print on demand services
will make all your hard work suddenly very popular (i hope)

adam

--

---

adam hyde
floss manuals

free manuals for free software
http://www.flossmanuals.net

mobile : + 31 6 154 22770 (Netherlands mobile)
email : adam at flossmanuals.net