[reportlab-users] Bug in Paragraph class with tags when switching frames

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Mon Nov 19 07:40:56 EST 2007

Robin Becker:

> In fact I see we seem to have checks for completely empty hrefs,

> but blanks might cause a problem. I tried putting some <a> tags

> into the splitting example that was causing Henning a problem, but

> that doesn't seem to make the links to disappear so if we are

> creating a spurious link it has to be more complicated. I wonder

> what happens if I can make the split happen in the middle of the link?

I also tried that with the previous Donau example, but it rendered fine.
I had not thought of potential space issues though. And for now I cannot
imaging why splitting inside a link would be meaningful without hyphen-
ation.

But, I think it would be very helpful to have a debugging mode that
would
explicitly list all anchors and links, and more generally even
individual
paragraph fragments, maybe. I've started writing an extensible Paragraph
class where such a debug mode turns out to be very helpful.

Dinu