[reportlab-users] installation dir troubles

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Jun 26 18:38:01 EDT 2007

Frederik Himpe wrote:

>> Can you say exactly where reportlab/__init__.py ends up and where

>> fonts/00readme.txt does. I would expect

>> /usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/reportlab/__init__.py(c)

>> +--/fonts/00readme.txt

>> If you have a reportlab somewhere else that can certainly cause

>> problems.

> Here you can find the completel output of the build process:

> http://artipc10.vub.ac.be/log.python-reportlab

> It seems like it __init__.py(c) are put in /usr/lib/python2.5/site-

> packages/reportlab, while fonts/00readme.txt gets installed in

> /usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/reportlab/demos/stdfonts

hhmmm,

there's a 00readme.txt in that folder as well. The one in fonts should start

"""This directory is a convenient place to put
fonts where Reportlab will find them. If running
in a server environment, this is a good place to...."""

The one in demos/stdfont should start

"""This lists out the standard 14 fonts
in a very plain and simple fashion....."""

I guess we need to ask for a fairly unique filename. Where did
'fonts/bitstream-vera-license.txt' actually end up?

Looking at your setup.py output I don't see anything obviously wrong,
but is it actually just lying about where the files get placed?