[reportlab-users] Table column width - problem with >2 cols

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Mon Jan 29 08:22:30 EST 2007

Robin Becker wrote:

> however, I don't think this is sufficient to identify the exact location on the

> page where the drawing is going on, but it may be possible to establish the

> relative position since we're using _putFragline and the machinery of

> TextObjects to handle the onDraw tag etc. If so then a minor bit of hackery can

> get us the proper bookmark.

Well for completeness I checked in to svn a non link alias <a> tag with two forms.

# <a>anchor text</a>
# attributes of anchors
# fontSize=num
# fontName=name
# fg/textColor/color=color
# backcolor/backColor/bgcolor=color
# href=href
# <a name="anchorpoint"/>

the anchorpoint form doesn't allow interior text. As discussed I was able to
make use of the onDraw tag machinery to get the semantics working for the second
case. In the first case we allow href to start with # (equivalent to a document
scheme) or you can have href with pdf:filepath or http: etc etc.

There's a test case usage in test/test_platypus_paragraphs.py (see the output
file test_platypus_paragraphs_ul.pdf). There are two jumps at the beginning and
two anchors at the end. If you zoom up the document you should be able to see if
the jump is right for your.