[reportlab-users] Table column width - problem with >2 cols

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Mon Jan 29 05:32:50 EST 2007

Juha Tuomala wrote:

> Mmmm, I not sure did I understand this delay thing but I guess it would

> pop into mind when going into internals.

well suppose we implemented the name= for of an a tag. You take a paragraph

story.append(Paragraph("<para>yadadadadadadaadadad......
...................<a name="here"/>..................
moreyadayada........ </para>",style=myStyle))

etc etc. The definition of the target is in the story list, but it's of no use
until the paragraph is actually drawn onto a canvas when we can generate a
bookmark to the drawn location.

We currently have a paragraph tag called onDraw that can almost be used to
accomplish this although it's a bit complicated.

...............<onDraw name=myCallable label="myonDrawText"/>..................

may appear in the text of a Paragraph. Now when the onDraw tag is drawn the
following happens

1) func = canvas.myCallable
2) func(canvas,"onDraw","myOndrawText")

however, I don't think this is sufficient to identify the exact location on the
page where the drawing is going on, but it may be possible to establish the
relative position since we're using _putFragline and the machinery of
TextObjects to handle the onDraw tag etc. If so then a minor bit of hackery can
get us the proper bookmark.