[reportlab-users] encoding errors

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Sun Jan 28 06:43:26 EST 2007

Andy Robinson:

> Yes, if people are disciplined. But most real-world project trackers

> grow in length forever, and create differences of opinion.

Andy,

I tried to think more deeply about this. IMHO descipline grows
with experience. In the lack of experience it can be enforced,
when needed. And without differences of opinion there is no
progress.

There are very successful real-world projects like GNU, Linux,
Mozilla, Apache, Samba, Python, Perl, Ruby, Zope, Plone, and
Django, to name just a few. I am sure they have very long bug
lists in their trackers and generate lots of different opinions.

Apparently, you have running an internal bug tracker named
Mantis on reportlab.com/support.html, so I assume there is some
value for ReportLab in using them. So, please excuse my stupidi-
ty, expressed here for all those who don't seem to get it.

Kind regards,

Dinu