[reportlab-users] Status of ReportLab Toolkit 2.x versions

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Mon Feb 19 04:50:02 EST 2007

Yves Forkl wrote:

> - Which one is the last version that is considered stable? I.e.: Are all

> the daily snapshots considered beta or alpha (or whatever)?

> - Where can I find documentation about the changes since version 2.0? I

> thought of some lines like "setup.py: Fixed loading of rl_accel, Added

> Vera fonts" etc.

> I am sorry but I don't see how the Web view on your SVN repo would

> provide me with this information. (Even if I wanted to diff the code

> myself - not sure if there's already a Web-based diffing utility for SVN

> like there is for CVS...)

> To cut a long story short: I am just a bit frustrated about not knowing

> whether to choose the plain 2.0 version of the excellent ReportLab

> Toolkit or rather an earlier snapshot. So I am kindly asking you: Can

> you help me with this decision? Which bugs have been resolved, which

> features have been added since 23 May 2006?

the web view is also the actual distribution view as well.

You can do stuff like

svn log http://www.reportlab.co.uk/svn/public/reportlab/trunk/reportlab >\tmp\lll

to get a complete log of all changes to the repository. You can also restrict
the view by revision/date etc etc.

The most supported revision is almost always the latest trunk version since that
is where bug fixes etc etc go. However, the trunk version now implies the use of
utf8 encoded strings or unicode.