[reportlab-users] Status of ReportLab Toolkit 2.x versions

Yves Forkl Y.Forkl at srz.de
Thu Feb 15 09:51:53 EST 2007

Hi,

I have successfully used ReportLab Toolkit 1.20 some time ago. Now I am
happy to read that, starting from version 2.0, it even supports Unicode
input, so I wanted to upgrade.

But I am not sure which package to download for use under Linux, as I
have discovered at http://www.reportlab.org/downloads.html that there
are Windows DLLs labeled 2.5 available while the only source tarball
offered at that page is called ReportLab_2_0.tgz. There also is a
"current.tgz" in the FTP directory at ftp://ftp.reportlab.com/ whose
contents do not match those of ReportLab_2_0.tgz.

As I couldn't find any information about the versions past 2.0, I'm
puzzled: Which version should I take? Is "current.tgz" equal to version
2.5? Which one is the last version that is considered stable?

Where can I find documentation about the changes since version 2.0 up to
"current.tgz"?

Yves