[reportlab-users] embedding vector graphics in reportlab pdf

Michael Hearne mhearne at usgs.gov
Sat Dec 1 14:56:23 EST 2007

I'm trying to recreate a PDF report currently being generated with a
Perl postscript library. The output looks very crisp, as all of the
components are generated either with postscript commands or with
encapsulated postscript images.

So far as I can tell, Reportlab cannot import encapsulated Postscript
(as PIL cannot), and I'm having trouble making my PNG images in the
PDF look as crisp as their .eps counterparts.

I found some references to something called svglib, but nothing since
2004.

What is the best strategy for importing images into ReportLab so that
they look as crisp as possible? I have EPS versions of various
logos, so I could presumably save these as any size PNG files.

Thanks,

Mike

Michael Hearne
mhearne at usgs.gov
(303) 273-8620
USGS National Earthquake Information Center
1711 Illinois St. Golden CO 80401
Senior Software Engineer
Synergetics, Inc.