[reportlab-users] Example Code

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Apr 17 20:57:33 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 18:38, Rich Shepard wrote:

> > Yeah, the same is true here. We mainly use RML. And if you need RML

> > examples, I think there are a few more or less hidden around there.

>    Thanks, Stephan. Our data are in database tables (SQLite3 in one

> application, PostgreSQL-8.2.x in another), and converting them to XML is an

> unnecessary step.

I disagree. If the purpose of the PDF is just to create a simple table for the
data, then fine. But if you want to have some nicer layout, RML makes your
life *much* simpler, since it allows a designer to work at the template and
is much easier to maintain. You would not create HTML all in Python either,
or?

Regards,
Stephan
--