[reportlab-users] Example Code

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Apr 17 15:03:43 EDT 2007

On 17/04/07, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> The ReportLab web site's examples page has very impressive reports. For

> new users such as me, seeing the code that produced those reports would help

> us become productive much sooner than otherwise.

> The Platypus chapter in the users guide is great, but the comprehensive

> examples on the web site would be exceptionally helpful.

> Are there available examples -- with code -- for paragraph, tablular, and

> graph reports? How about an example (like the Alabama education example)

> that includes all three output formats in a single report?

I regret there are not. Most of the open-source examples were
contributed without code, and very often the producing app was
probably closely tied to the author's framework and data sources.

Both ReportLab's staff and our contributors have generally failed to
find the time to go back and create clean, well-commented and
sanitised teaching examples after finishing a project. We'd really
welcome some examples though. Regrettably within the company almost
all our work in the last 5 years was with RML, so we don't have any
relevant examples.

- Andy