[reportlab-users] RML Reference

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Apr 16 18:48:42 EDT 2007

On Monday 16 April 2007 10:30, Jorge Godoy wrote:

> I'd like something like:

> Forms 345

> Text Field 345

> Graphics 123

> Bar 123

> Column 123

> Line 124

> Pie 124

> Tables 234

> Text Field 345

To do this, I would need to create categories of directives. Remember, the
reference documentation is totally generated from the code without any human
tweaking. Another feature that needs improvement for this to work is the page
number support, which I plan to do in time.

However, do you really think this adds a lot of values, once you have the
bookmarks and simple text search capabilities?

> > Actually, my friend with whom I worked during the weekend on the

> > enhancements asked for the same thing. Initially I had a pretty good idea

> > on how to do it, but diving deeper into it, I noticed how few directives

> > could actually have a meaningful output within the documentation.

> Maybe choosing specific outputs from the resulting PDFs (that you

> already convert) and including them somewhere would be nice... It

> doesn't need to be an output for every possibility. Just showing how a

> bar graphics will render is enough.

I have now created links to both, the full source and the rendered PDF, within
the reference, allowing you to open them quickly as reference. They are
downloaded from Zope's SVN server, so you do not even need to install the
package locally.

Give it a try!

Link to latest version:
http://svn.zope.org/z3c.rml/trunk/src/z3c/rml/rml-reference.pdf?view=auto