[reportlab-users] RML Reference

Jorge Godoy jgodoy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 10:30:52 EDT 2007

Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> writes:

> Are you printing the document? If so, could you give me a sample on how you

> would like the contents of the index to look like?

No, I'm not. But I thought about it (hence the index suggestion).

I'd like a plain remissive index at the end or a summary at the
beginning. If you had cross-references for the online version it's even
better (but a lot harder to generate).

I'd like something like:

Forms 345
Text Field 345

Graphics 123
Bar 123
Column 123
Line 124
Pie 124

Tables 234

Text Field 345

> If you only use it via Acrobat Reader or KPDF, then you can now open

> the "Bookmarks" and you will get a list of all directives. You can click on

> them and jump directly to the documentation.

This is good for online consulting. Thanks! :-)

> Actually, my friend with whom I worked during the weekend on the enhancements

> asked for the same thing. Initially I had a pretty good idea on how to do it,

> but diving deeper into it, I noticed how few directives could actually have a

> meaningful output within the documentation.

Maybe choosing specific outputs from the resulting PDFs (that you
already convert) and including them somewhere would be nice... It
doesn't need to be an output for every possibility. Just showing how a
bar graphics will render is enough.

> (Actually, you did not need to write out the example beforehand either, since

> all the files used for the examples are located in z3c/rml/tests/input.)

Yep. I know. But if I was reading the manual then I'd have to install
and convert them myself. Now you have added rendered files, so it is
easier. ;-)

--
Jorge Godoy <jgodoy at gmail.com>