[reportlab-users] RML Reference

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Apr 16 02:13:59 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

it's me again. I have been working on an auto-generated RML reference for a
while now and I think I am finally at a state where it starts to become
useful. The location is:

http://svn.zope.org/z3c.rml/trunk/src/z3c/rml/rml-reference.pdf?view=auto

Of course, there are some incompatibilities between ReportLab RML and z3c.RML,
but I think that enough of the tags match that it will be useful to users of
either implementation. If people that use ReportLab RML help me out, I am
open to document the incompatibilities.

Here are some highlights:

* Directive signatures are extracted from the code, ensuring their accuracy.
The explanations were specifically written for documentation pruposes.

* All attributes of a directive are documented through extraction from the
code. Most of them have titles and descriptions. Each attribute states
whether it is required or not. Each attribute's type is explained in detail.

* All sub-directives of a directive are listed, including the occurrence
restrictions. Each sub-directive has a link back to the directive definition.
(Try to click on the name.)

* Directive examples are extracted from test suite files ensuring that they
are functional at all times. All examples are color-highlighted.

* An outline provides a quick overview over all directives.

* All attribute types are listed at the beginning of the reference.

Any feedback is very welcome!

Regards,
Stephan
--