[reportlab-users] FW: Problem with linkAbsolute in trunk.

Ian Sparks Ian.Sparks at etrials.com
Thu Apr 12 13:13:29 EDT 2007

Robin Becker wrote:

> well OK now the mysteries begin. That code works pretty much as

intended;

> the

> problem may lie in the other arguments. In particular the border has

> thickness(width), horizontal and vertical radii and possibly a dash

> array.

Well yours seems a deeper mystery but my complaint is that the docs (and
comments in the RL code) say that if you want a border you can pass in
Border='[1 1 1]'. But _annFormat as written just blats that parameter :

D["Border"] = PDFArray(border)

With no prior attempt to do something like :

border = RescueFromParameter(D["Border"])

And that's what my fix attempted to do. But if we just need to change
the docs to say "In order to draw a border around your links you need
to..." then fine.

I can change my code no problem but the code and the
documentation/comments in RL are out of whack and I think that needs to
be addressed.

Thanks.

trunk.

> Ian Sparks wrote:

> > Robin Becker wrote :

> >> yes I'll have a go at that.

> > Thanks.

> well OK now the mysteries begin. That code works pretty much as

intended;

> the

> problem may lie in the other arguments. In particular the border has

> thickness(width), horizontal and vertical radii and possibly a dash

> array.

> The code should look something like

> def _annFormat(D,color,thickness,dashArray,hradius=0,vradius=0):

> from reportlab.pdfbase.pdfdoc import PDFArray

> if color:

> D["C"] = PDFArray([color.red, color.green, color.blue])

> border = [hradius,vradius,thickness or 0]

> if dashArray:

> border.append(PDFArray(dashArray))

> D["Border"] = PDFArray(border)

> I have tested this and it works just fine. To get a border to appear

you

> need to

> specify a proper color and a thickness at least. The current code

appears

> work fine if those two are specified. I am unsure whats going on with

> Ian's code.

> More mysterious is that the Border entry is supposed to have been

> replaced long

> ago by the BS entry, but I find I cannot seem to get it to work

properly.