[reportlab-users] can reportlab combine PDFs and/or add a password to a PDF?

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Apr 11 18:56:16 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 18:26, George Kappel wrote:

> pdftk is limiting when you are trying to keep features like bookmarks

> working so if you can handle a little bit of java checkout iText.  This

> will run with java or gcj

> Following is a snippet taken from the iText docs and altered to encrypt,

> compress and concat any # of pdf files while maintaining the integrity

> of bookmarks

There is a simple utility called pyPdf that can combine and extract pages. I
do not know how good it is with your requirements, but it also does
encryption.

There is an extension to reportlab called PageCatcher that probably does most
of what you are asking for, but I let one of the ReportLab guys respond
properly.

Regards,
Stephan
--