[reportlab-users] KeepInFrame flowable

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Sep 26 15:08:54 EDT 2006

Andy Robinson wrote:

> Dinu Gherman wrote:
>
>> Andy Robinson:
>>
>>> A quick grep reveals some test examples in test_platypus_pto.py
>>> which generate three files "test_platypus_KeepInFrame*.pdf".
>>

>> Sorry, wrong grep on my side... BTW, it takes a while to grasp
>> that "pto" supposedly stands for "please turn over".
>>

> Yes, we also dicsovered too late that this acronym is a Britishism and
> not very obvious to Americans!

Hmmm, kind of like "mind the gap"...

One of the American comic strips ("Get Fuzzy") is in the middle of a
series in which their "cousin from England" has dropped in for a visit.
I consider myself a bit of a wordsmith, but even I could only pick out a
couple of phrases:

"Ah, brilliant!  Been havin' a butcher's for your flat all day, mate,
thought I'd cocked summat up!  I'm well knackered, I can tell you!  I
could do with a bevvy and a kip!  Plus, some bloke diddled me brolly in
the queue for the khazi back in Blighty."

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.