[reportlab-users] PDF Validator

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Thu Sep 21 15:53:01 EDT 2006

Question:

I've created a large pdf document using reportlab and have sent it to a
company we use to print and mail documents for us. However, when they
attempt to open the pdf, they say they are getting an error. They said
when they upgrade their acrobat to 6.0 (come on now, we're up to 8),
they say that can only see thumbnails. We however, have been able to
open it on Adobe 6,7 and 8 and in both linux and windows environments.
My question is... Is there a program I can run these pdfs through that
can validate its headers and content to see if it meets all of the
necessary standards. I just want to be absolutely sure it isn't just us
being dumb. :)

Thanks,
Rob