[reportlab-users] Barcodes

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Oct 31 02:24:46 EST 2006

Andy Robinson wrote:
>  > The code seems very old (2000 at latest) and I've only managed to get
>  > the Code128 barcodes to scan properly...
>
> The 'extensions' "pseudo-package" died of lack of interest in about
> 2001.

Ah, okay, would it be possible to lop the "Extensions" section off from
http://www.reportlab.org/downloads.html, as it's the rlbarcode package
at the bottom of that which threw me...

> We checked in the latest as reportlab.graphics.barcode when we
> did version 2.0 (it was in the commercial package before that) and the
> codes have all been tested on several scanners.

Yep, I should have said that I strongly suspect the quality if the
printing I'm using is to blame...

> Suggested starting point review PDFs from here...
>
> C:\code\reportlab\graphics\barcode>test.py
> saved out.pdf
> created test_full.pdf

Okay, other trip point: the barcode sub-package is not available in any
of the released versions of reportlab on the download page. I do prefer
to use released versions unless there's a specific reason not to, I
guess that's the case here ;-)

thanks for the pointers!

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk