[reportlab-users] Barcodes

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Mon Oct 30 19:50:40 EST 2006

Chris Withers wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is reportlab.extensions.barcode still the way to go for producing
> barcodes in reportlab?

 > The code seems very old (2000 at latest) and I've only managed to get
 > the Code128 barcodes to scan properly...

The 'extensions' "pseudo-package" died of lack of interest in about
2001.  We checked in the latest as reportlab.graphics.barcode when we
did version 2.0 (it was in the commercial package before that) and the
codes have all been tested on several scanners.

Suggested starting point review PDFs from here...

C:\code\reportlab\graphics\barcode>test.py
saved out.pdf
created test_full.pdf

- Andy