[reportlab-users] page format

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Nov 3 05:43:46 EST 2006

Andy Robinson wrote:
> Technically PDF supports 'rotation' as well but I don't think we have
> exposed it.  Acrobat Reader is smart enough to display 'rotated A4
> portrait' and 'A4 landscape' the same way on screen so users and
> printers cannot tell the difference.

Hmmm, this might explain some problems I've been having recently...

Is PageCatcher aware of rotation?

I think Acrobat generates PDFs which use rotation rather than changing
the page dimensions, so landscape PDFs generated with Acrobat and
handled with PageCatcher end up being rotated to portrait...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk