[reportlab-users] ANN: ReportLab PDF Library version 2.0 and 1.21 released

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue May 23 13:43:11 EDT 2006

ReportLab are proud to announce not one but two major releases
of our PDF document generation framework.

The ReportLab PDF Toolkit lets you generate rich flowing documents
in PDF from dynamic data, complete with multiple columns, tables and
charts, at extremely high speeds; and to generate charts and data
graphics in PDF and bitmap formats.  It was first released in mid-2000
and the previous stable release, 1.20, was in late 2004.

The 2.0 release includes many new features, and works with
Unicode or UTF8 input throughout.  This simplifies many things but may
break old code that uses non-ASCII input.  It should be trivial to
upgrade your app using the Python codecs package, which now includes
codecs for most of the world's languages.

    http://www.reportlab.org/whatsnew_2_0.html

We have also produced a 1.21 release with a number of minor enhancements
and bug fixes since 1.20, and with the old character handling behaviour.
This should provide a safe upgrade for all existing users.

    http://www.reportlab.org/whatsnew_2_0.html

ReportLab's commercial products (Report Markup Language, Diagra and
PageCatcher) also have their own 2.0 and 1.21 releases and are
documented on http://developer.reportlab.com/index.html.   Open source
users are encouraged to review the RML examples and test cases, which
provide very clear examples of what's possible with the underlying
Python objects.

Best Regards,

Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect