[reportlab-users] Re: Re[2]: Looking for a How-to to get me moving quickly

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Fri May 5 18:02:52 EDT 2006

Benn wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> As per Felipe's suggestion, I've added Charts and Tables to the
> introduction
> document.  Comments and suggestions are desperately solicited :D

VERY good work!  Concise, direct and useful.

Can you show something about using Unicode chars with ReportLab?  Some words
(I used a fruit theme here, trying to make it easy for an example) for you
to play with there (in Brazilian Portuguese):

- maçã (apple)
- abóbora (pumpkin)
- pé (foot)
- limão (lemon)
- limões (lemons)
- maracujá (passion fruit)

;-)  This was my main problem when I tried ReportLab for the first time.
(Later I learnt that the secret is in the fonts that you use, but I still
have problems with that ;-))

Also, putting a packaged (zip, gzip, whatever) version of the files you used
would also help people to reproduce your examples more easily ;-)

Thanks, again!  It is a great job!

--
Jorge Godoy      <godoy at ieee.org>

- Qualquer coisa dita em latim soa profundo.
- Anything said in Latin sounds smart.