[reportlab-users] User guide - my error or a typo in the manual ?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Mon Mar 13 18:34:22 EST 2006

> ... well I've installed PIL, I can do some PIL'y type stuff (based upon
> the PIL manual), I can do "from PIL import Image" but when I do "import
> _imaging" I get "ImportError: No module named _imaging".
>
> Just wondering if that's a typo in the manual ?

It still works for me....

C:\code\hilton>python
Python 2.4.2 (#67, Sep 28 2005, 12:41:11) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
 >>> import _imaging

Can you import "PIL._imaging" ?  If so then all should be OK; I think
they changed the packaging and added a conditional import a while back.

I just amended the user guide source so this will quote both imports on
the next release.

- Andy