[reportlab-users] User guide - my error or a typo in the manual ?

Richard Shea reportlab at richardshea.fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 13 16:59:13 EST 2006

Hi - I'm reading the Reportlab User Guide (version 1.19). On page 4,
"Instructions for novices: Windows", item 6 reads ...

"To verify, start the Python interpreter (command line) and type from
PIL import Image,followed by import _imaging. If you see no error
messages, all is well."

... well I've installed PIL, I can do some PIL'y type stuff (based upon
the PIL manual), I can do "from PIL import Image" but when I do "import
_imaging" I get "ImportError: No module named _imaging".

Just wondering if that's a typo in the manual ?

All this on Win32 using the PIL windows installer, haven't yet installed
Reportlab.

Any help/advice welcomed.

thanks

Richard Shea.