[reportlab-users] transparency in unicode reportlab

will at phototropia.org will at phototropia.org
Fri Jan 27 20:34:57 EST 2006

Friends:
     Will the new version of Reportlab fully support transparency?  If
not, are we moving in that direction?
  Looking at the archives, it seems like we already have some limited
support, but the "transparency mask" mentioned in the user guide doesn't
seem the same as the alpha channel you can apply in say inkscape or gimp
to an object.  Older answers on the list say that renderpm doesn't
support it, while Googling I keep finding a program called pdfmap that
uses reportlab and claims to have transparency working since 2002.

thanks,
Will