[reportlab-users] drawImage makes image roughly twice as big as it should be

JP Glutting jpglutting at oqua.udl.es
Wed Jan 25 04:14:58 EST 2006

[Comment: This message seems to have become garbled on my end, so I am
re-sending it. Apologies for dupicates]

I am trying to use drawImage to put a logo on all my reports. It works
Ok, except that it is making the images larger than they really are, and
they look lousy. I tried adding width and height specifically to the
code, but it does not seem to change the output at all.

Any hints? I am not sure where to look for the problem. The code looks
like this:

def myFirstPage(self, canvas, doc):
       canvas.saveState()
       canvas.drawImage("C:\\pybin\\Logo_UdL_w100.jpg", 75, 75,
width=101, height=83)
      .... [other stuff]

The original code didn't specify "width" and "height", but produced the
same result. I also have an image on the header of every other page that
does the same thing - spells up and gets pixelated. The image has a true
width and height of 101 x 83 pixels, but prints out at 197 x 144 (based
on using the select tool in Adobe Reader 7.0.

Thanks for any help!

JP