[reportlab-users] Anyone have access to bar code readers?

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Mon Jan 23 11:54:18 EST 2006

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 04:46:18PM +0000, Andy Robinson wrote:
> We have a customer requirement to add some support for a couple of new
> barcodes (EAN 8 and 13) to our framework.  Some of you may recall that
> Ty Sarna contributed a barcode module some years ago but I have no idea
> how widely used these are.
> Is anyone in the user group actually using these?  If so
> - which codes are you using?

I use this to put barcodes on each document in a huge library (around
100000 documents)

Code used is "code128".

> - any problems, or does it all work?

The barcode generation works like a charm, but...

I've never tested to read the labels back !!!

The library in question has not yet bought a barcode reader...
and I don't have either (this was work for free stuff)

Each label containing both the barcode and the clear text
version of the document's identifier, I guess they won't buy
a barcode reader anytime soon :-(

bye

Jerome Alet