[reportlab-users] Anyone have access to bar code readers?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Mon Jan 23 11:46:18 EST 2006

We have a customer requirement to add some support for a couple of new
barcodes (EAN 8 and 13) to our framework.  Some of you may recall that
Ty Sarna contributed a barcode module some years ago but I have no idea
how widely used these are.

Is anyone in the user group actually using these?  If so
- which codes are you using?
- any problems, or does it all work?
- if we published some PDFs on our site with easy-to-scan test cases for
  bar codes, would anyone be able to do some quick tests and report
success or failure back via email or a form?

Best Regards,

Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect
ReportLab Europe Ltd.